Nervous patients and patient Comfort
Nervous patients may find it difficult to get the dental treatment that they need; often times, these patients find it very challenging to even go to a dental appointment, because of their fear or phobia of the dentist. The fear that patients face can lead to poor dental health in the long run, which can lead to the development of more serious dental problems. Good communication with the dentist works wonders in easing the fears of a nervous patient. A dentist who shows genuine concern and patience can alleviate the fears of a patient who has dental phobia – and can also provide the necessary support in fighting the anxiety attacks that may come with the dentist fear. We will always listen and go at a pace you are happy with.
- At Denexcel we offer computerized injections, which offer minimal discomfort.
- We offer Sedative medicine by a trained anaesthetist.
- We use our years of experience to offer treatment with the utmost care and at a pace that is comfortable to you.
Dealing with Patients Concerns
- We take the time to listen to your concerns, needs and expectations before starting any treatment.
- Spacious comfortable surroundings in our Harley Street office
- Computer controlled injection system available for your comfort
- Dental laser for advanced treatment
- High powered Zeiss microscope for precision dentistry
- Computer guided implant procedures available to minimize the surgery and time
- Conscious Sedation – Conscious sedation (or sedation dentistry) puts a patient in a very relaxed state of mind, so that dental treatment can be done without the patient feeling any discomfort or fear; the patient will remain conscious throughout the treatment, and will be able to communicate freely with the dentist as well. Any uncomfortable parts of the procedure will not be remembered afterwards. The sedative is administered by a medically qualified anaesthetist, who will make sure that the patient is perfectly safe during the entire sedation process.
- Oral sedatives can be provided as an alternative
- Distraction Techniques – Distracting a nervous patient with relaxation exercises, listening to music, or watching a video, can take away the mind from the dental treatment that needs to be done – resulting in less anxiety or the reduction of fear during the procedure.
- Estimate for cost will be given prior to starting any treatment
- Options will be clearly given allowing you to decide what is best for you
- High standard of cross-infection control according to recommended guidelines for your safety; Staff registered and vaccinated and attend regular training . We would be happy to demonstrate or discuss these procedures should you have any concerns.
- Finance plans available for your convenience.